Component for the project:
1. Arduino UNO https://amzn.to/2P58O7s
2. SD card module https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
3. SD card 8GB https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
4. Amplifier PAM8403 & speaker https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
5. Ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
6. OLED 128x64 https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
7. Breadboard cables https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
8. Infrared thermometer GY-906 https://amzn.to/2E1myhb
Note that: because of high demand infrared thermometer, sometimes you might not find the sensor GY-906 on market
Basically, it will measure temperature from infrared thermometer GY-906, then show result on Oled LCD 128*64. It also inform you the result temperature by voice via speaker. The speaker will take audio file from SD card, then play based on temperature result. The speaker need amplifer PAM8403 to make sound louder for us.
Main process for using like this:
1. We will wave hand at ultrasonic sensor (distance about 10cm)
2. Then it will greeting us by voice "welcome to temperature measuring system, please put your hand or forehead before sensor about 2cm"
3. We put hand or forehead before sensor for measuring temperature
4. It will sound temperature result, as well as show on LCD. For example, your temperature is 36.5dgC, it will speak "Your temperature is 36.5 degree C. Your temperature seems normal, so please keep healthy!"
3Make Frame and Do Connection
The frame is from MDF wood 3mm thickness, cut by laser. I hope some of you can support cnc laser machine to cut it. If not, you can cut cardboard for the frame. Design file can be downloaded here (Google share)
After cutting, you will need glue to make frame for it. It's not difficult to make the frame. Then we will install all parts into the frame, and make wiring as circuit design
4Code Works and Download
The arduino code will do the job:
1. Detect if there is people (obstacle) near the sensor, detected by ultrasonic sensor
2. Say welcome by speaker, inform user put hand or forehead near sensor about 2cm
3. Speak out result and comment about your temperature
Code can be downloaded here
Here is audio file, you should download it and save it into SD card
Please note that, audio file is 8bit, mono type, 11025Hz. I record my voice by computer (or phone), then convert it by tool online (https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav)
Now, we can plug in power and test it how it goes. Very interesting for system can measure your temperature and inform by voice.
I hope you will like it :)
Thanks for your reading!