By whygee on Sunday 23 August 2009, 06:05 - Updates and news
The lack of Internet access during 2 weeks of vacations was a very good thing for the YASEP, the development was stimulated and efficient !
I should mention that the environment helped being in a great mood, if you don't count all the insects.
Have a look at this picture or this video if you wonder
what it's like to develop in VHDL in the country, under a wonderful tree and
sitting next to the tent. BTW, thanks Toshiba for the extra-life-battery pack
for the Portégé 3490, I could work about 5 hours in a row but it recharges very
slowly. [ah those old LiIon packs...]
I did a lot of cleanup, completed some pages, integrated the first extended instructions and re-enabled the disassembler. I also examined the multiply instructions and created an algorithm that initialises the multiply lookup-tables ! I also added an algorithm that generates random opcode examples, instead of the fixed strings of before. It's more efficient at finding bugs !
Before I upload the new site, I still have to change some fields and remove the _X forms (as they are useless now, because the "always" condition has the same effect).
I'm also working in parallel on the VHDL source code. I'm adding a CRC32 unit mapped in the SRs so communications and files will have better and faster checks. Unfortunately, I lost a few days of work in a defunct hard disk...
Stay tuned !
The site is updated, enjoy !
I also recovered the few days of work locked in one of the computers, the disk is not completely dead (it's just dead slow so a Slackware LiveCD is necessary)
The next steps are : website minification, VHDL code development, further development of listed, pointer update, short jump/call instructions...
I'm also looking at compression/decompression algorithms such as deflate and range coding.
It was a very productive period in the Portugese country :-D YGWM progressed, I added the windows list. I lost a HDD though :-( Backup, Backup, Backup !