Close

Finished casting, head re-design

A project log for Drumming robot

MIDI drum machine to complement live electronic music

Valeriy NovytskyyValeriy Novytskyy 06/18/2021 at 20:280 Comments

All of the arm parts have been cast, now I need to clean them up/polish them, weld, and send to get them chrome plated.

After more than a year of struggling to re-create the feeling of my original head concept art, I finally got something I am happy with using a combination of Blender and Inventor. I did the wireframe in Blender starting from the modeling clay sculpt I did in my last update, and adjusting slightly for the concept art and various references from different angles. Then I made it into a solid in Inventor.

Discussions