The purpose of this project is to develop a configurable, low-cost Field Oriented Control motor controller for PMSM and BLDC motors in the voltage range of 60V (12S lithium ion) and 100V (20S lithium ion), with the potential to scale the voltage up to 600V with minor hardware changes.
- Field Oriented Control of a 3-Phase Synchronous Motor.
- Configuration over PC or mobile application
- On-the-fly Parameter Detection
- Settings saved in non-volatile memory
- Configurable input mode (PPM, twist throttle, etc.)
- Configurable control mode (Torque, Speed, with and without reverse and brakes)
- Configurable Current, Voltage, and Duty Cycle limits
- CAN bus for communication between multiple units.
- Telemetry data over USB or other serial interfaces such as UART or I2C.
- 60V and 100V versions
- Continuous 100A Phase current capability.
- 34 kHz PWM.
- Signal Injection for position resolution at zero speed to obviate the need for sensors.
- STM32G473 MCU. Final version will use the STM32G473VE. Cortex M4 running at 170MHz.
- L6498 gate driver, up to 2A source and sink, tolerant to negative switch transients.
- LM5164 buck converter for gate drive rail at 15V or 12V. 1A output capability.
- AP63205 buck converter for logic supply at 5V. 2A output capability
- Capacitance multiplier and ADM7160 LDO for precision 3.3V rail for analog and MCU
- INA240A1 current sense amplifier and four terminal shunts configured for lowside sensing.
- TPW1R306PL(60V) and TPW3R70APL(100V) MOSFETs for power stage.
- FM24CL16B FRAM chip for non-volatile memory storage.
- Hall sensor and encoder interface
- USB interface
- Filtered phase voltage dividers for high frequency voltage sampling schemes.