Cleaning code ... unifying user interface, rewriting communication, power saving
Something what is finished now
- Switching to white background, maybe it is bad step, but why wasting light
you can change black/white theme in setup
- New font something middle between old small/big combination
- User name is auto updated in contact lists on all remote units.
- Addressing and protocol adapted for future #meshtastic support.
- Soon you can send message to #meshtastic network, they nodes forward this message to another Armachat unit, but you can not read this message on Meshtastic app :(
- Also working on adaptation Meshtastic mesh routing protocol for armachat (Full interconnection is little hard, but maybe in far future I want this)
I am searching way how to reduce consumption but I found only one way ... reduce backlit
- MCU 20mA
- LoRa 10mA
- Backlit 30mA
Total 60mA, if I switch-off lora, there is no receiving wake up.
If MCU go to sleep, display freeze.
Lowering backlight (no switch-off just to 10%)
I can go to 30mA with full runtime a little readable display
Next you can compare user interface (Black unit - OLD. Green unit - NEW UI)