The PICKit2 programmer is not supported in MPLAB-X IDE, and, many new PICs are not supported by MPLAB-IPE programming - this means using a new programmer.
Typically the following parts are impacted in terms of new PICS
And, the PICKit2 programmer is not a selectable programmer within MPLAB-X IDE or MPLAB-X IPE
Use a PICKit2 programmer within MPLAB-X to program the PICs
Integrate within MPLAB-X IDE the PICKit2 programmer. We need to:
- Ensure the integration is easy
- Ensure no complex firmware changes are required
- Leverages the current investment in PICKit2 programmers
- Support clone PICkit2 programmers
Using the stock MPLAB-IDE make two changes in your project and when you build the project the PICKit2 programmer will be called.
The video shows how to program a 18F24k42 to flash an LED. It shows:
1. Creation and editing of MPLAB-X project to flash Porta.0
2. Configure MPLAB-X project to use PICKit2 programmer
3. Also shows a PICkit3 programmer being used