- Full onboard control with OLED display and rotary encoder
- Uses a SK6812 LED strip for white and RGB light
- Color, white, and gradient modes for full control over lighting
- Animation modes for light painting
- Powered over USB or any other 5V source
- BOM cost less than US$50 for a 24" long light
- Arduino Pro Mini or Pololu A-Star 328PB Micro
- SK6812 RGBW LED strip, 1m length, 144 LED/m IP30
- SSD1306 I2C OLED display breakout board, 128x32 pixels
- EC11 series rotary encoder, push button switch, 15mm knurled shaft (EC11M)
- Clear polycarbonate tube, 1" OD 3/4in ID, 24in length
- M3 hex socket head cap screws, 4x 20mm and 2x 8mm; 6x M3 hex nuts
- 3D printed parts
The firmware is built using PlatformIO.
Source code, mechanical design files, and further build information are available at the GitHub repository.