After the realization of several prototypes, and the positive feedback from potential users encountered during the presentations, we can say that we have a proof of concept, which consolidates us in our approach and pushes us to imagine other avenues development and distribution.
We have the support of our association, APF France handicap and obtained the financial support of the Bourgogne Franche Comté region, the Department and the CPAM of Nièvre to :
- Continue the technical development of this aid and design a solution with a high level of quality and safety.
- Carry out a use experiment
- Study diffusion and distribution models.
Here is our roadmap for the for the next few months. Our objectives and their deadlines will vary according to the new means and supports that we'll find.
We are aware that the provision of a finished product, respecting the regulations of medical devices, is a guarantee of increased safety and accessibility for all.
Thus, several possibilities have been imagined to generate income, allow the sustainability of the project and the development of new means:
- Assembly by oneself or with others, with the help of free plans available online and the support of a community. The user is only responsible for purchasing the equipment.
- The sale of detailed instructions, video tutorials, "premium" support for people who want more support.
- The sale of kit to assemble (including all the material necessary for the assembly).
- The sale of a finished product was not the idea at the base of the project, but it is an avenue to be seriously studied to allow as many people as possible to access this aid.
These ideas deserve a thorough analysis and we will soon launch in November a study with the association ALTER'ACTIONS to consider different distribution possibilities and to study a relevant strategy within the framework of a social and solidarity economy approach.
For thousands of potential users, there is an unmet need to be able to access a solution allowing them to regain autonomy and pleasure at the table. The needs in terms of disability compensation are increasing and aging contributes to increasing this phenomenon.
The different broadcasting and distribution models envisaged will have to take into account the current market, and certainly use new broadcasting channels in the field of disability compensation.
The technologies used, the open and collaborative approach make it possible to envisage localized design, production and associated services that generate employment.
This could be done in partnership with companies and services providing assistance through work, companies adapted in a social and solidarity approach.
It remains to study and determine the shape of the structure supporting this project to allow as many people as possible to access this aid.