First Ashley soaked all the metal parts in coke and scrubbed down the wood to get us a clean working surface.

Meanwhile I took apart an nxtl handset we had laying around. I decided the 200mah battery was not going to be acceptable as this would likely sit for long periods without being charged so I cut the battery off and soldered on a 2000mah battery.

After painting the parts a flat black to bring back some of the old look and rubbing the wood down with a bees wax organic conditioner we were ready to get started.

The original cable for the ear piece was completely deteriorated so I ordered some cloth wrapped twisted wire and measured and cut the new length.

We reassembled the phone and I mounted the Bluetooth board and battery inside the box.

After a quick test call our project was deemed a success.