First step is to make sure you get all the hardware in your hands (we bought everything from eBay):
- One FRDM-K64F development kit from Freescale OR any other microcontroller platform capable of talking external devices (in that case you may need to port our original software for your custom application),
- Bluetooth module (we are using the HC-05),
- RFID reader and cards (we are using a MIFARE MF-522 module with 13.56MHz cards),
- Battery for supplying the system (Lithium- Polymer 3.7V).
- Small Buzzer (100 ohms resistor in series).
- Optional On/Off/Reset
- Optional 16x2 LCD display
Hook everything up together, as seen in the image below*:
* more detailed instructions and schematics to come
the next step will demand a bit of coding, which we will be adding in the weeks to come...