A 3D printer made using widely available components such as arduino, DC geared motor, PWM motor driver, etc...
That can be used for simple, low resolution 3D models and LASER engraving.
* Motor location determined by using resistance strips / DIY liner photo encoder using IR pair.
* Controlling motor rotation in steps by calculating motor rotation degree for each PWM signal at different OEM values / %.
* Conversion of 3D model / 2D engraving design into 0 & 1 bits, considering distance travelled by printing head at each PWM signal as one BIT. (Resolution of printing depends on min / lowest movement distance achievable by motor at one PWM pulse)
* Using regular 3D print head / LASER head, as it's an essential part and should work optimally.
* Body fabrication using FDM board or Acrylic Sheets.
* Use of Threaded Rod to further decrease the head movement distance per PWM pulse.
* Smooth Rods for supports.
* Copper Clad Board (PCB) / Fiber board
FDM / Acrylic board
Geared 3v to 6v DC motor
To count / detect movement and work as linear photo encoder.