An ideal scenario for party or reporter mode - is when one can (almost) forget about manual controls of the camera. The following setup does it.
What I particularly like about the L2Camera design is the ability to combine it with the existing photo gear. The picture below shows one of the L2Camera prototypes with an external handle and an automatic flash unit attached. A remote release cord is used for convenience.
Lubitel shutter, thanks to its design, can be used with flash on any speed. Even a flash unit which is not powerful enough, combined with Instax high ISO film, together can easily give small apertures, like f/11, f/16. These apertures, in turn, provide large depth of field - and the photographer can be less worried about precise focusing.
My recipe for indoor party/reporter mode with L2Camera and flash is:
- set shutter speed to 1/30 or 1/60
- use an automatic (computer) flash unit and set it to ISO 800
- set focusing distance to 2.8 m
- set aperture according to the distance and the settings of the flash (it should be around f/8.0 or f/11)
- use the frame viewfinder (as in the photo above)
- point and shoot!
With these settings L2Camera works almost the same way as conventional Instax camera: fixed focus, fixed aperture, frame viewfinder and automatic flash.