I’ve been wanting to do something that combined a number of these projects for a while, so in celebration of reaching (and now surpassing) 50 project posts, I've put together the Arduino Lo-Fi Orchestra!
The following principles have guided me in putting this together:
- It must use the projects as they appear on my site (although there have been a few updates as a consequence of putting it all together).
- They are striving for “something someone else could reproduce simply and cheaply” rather than aiming for audio quality.
- There is no video production or particular mechanical polish – see the point above! (also this isn’t really my thing).
- I’m not trying to create a generic MIDI file player – these arrangements are by me and where appropriate I’ve simplified the music to give the Arduino a fighting chance!
- Its a bit of fun and something I hope to be able to sling some more MIDI arrangements at in the future too.
The project is now published, and full details are available here: https://diyelectromusic.wordpress.com/2020/09/19/introducing-the-arduino-lo-fi-orchestra/
You can watch my introductory video, the "Lo-Fi Guide to the Orchestra" below.