What should I write here? Hmm, it is a straight forward build. At first I thoght "Hey look a ebay for an optical bench" (perhaps I could use it for other things ... but then I saw how expensive these things are - and they have no hold for the camera or the slides.
So simple decision: look what is in the "used parts box" ;-)
- For mounting the DSLR: I have some spare quick-release adapters
- For the slides: The slide holder: I could simply use the one of the slide projector from my father
- Light source: There are some old ceiling lights I can disassemble
- From an old project I have some "optical plexiglas" left to get an even backlight for the slide
- The base: sawn of pieces of an IKEA Ivar shelve
- Shades: Black and white paper
The only new bought thing: Tthe LED 4W/6000K/CIR80/120°.
A test with slides >60 years old: Compared with the original slide, the result is nearly perfect :-D