Super excited to get this thing goin' tomorrow. I wanted to quickly say hi and expand on the instructions above.
- Now's a great time to install Max if you're on Mac/PC:
It has a free trial period of 30 days.
- If you're on Linux, you might want to download Pure Data, but please know that not everything I'll be going over will translate. You'll have to get your hands a little dirtier after the workshop. As a Linux user, I hope you can appreciate that : ).
- Tomorrow, I will be sharing all of the source materials for the workshop as both a downloadable .zip and a git repository. I will post them here as soon as they're ready, but I'll also share via Zoom at the start of the workshop. Would be helpful if you got a hard start and download everything in advance, if you happen to catch this update.
- Everything I share will be interactive and hackable. No slide deck for me, just a big Max project that we'll walk through together. If you happen to have a second monitor or computer, it might be helpful to fire it up. One for watchin', one for clickin'. I'll do my best to give folks time to play around in between sections so no worries if this isn't an option for you.
- One or two of my demos will require you to have Java installed to run on your machine. Max seems to only like Java 8. You can download and install here:
AdoptOpenJDK works as well:
https://adoptopenjdk.net/releases.html?variant=openjdk8&jvmVariant=hotspot If you're not comfortable with this, you won't be missing out on much.