Pardon me for that title. The dump means I dumped that 8 Megabytes worth of contents from that ROM I described earlier.
After a few more hours of dumping through Raspberry Pi and extracted its BIN file, I noticed that:
- Suspected inconsistent addressing beyond 64KB
- I peeked into the original snapshot of the bootup from the bus analyzer from Analog Discovery 2:
Then, in the same fashion, I sniffed out the last 8-bit of the address from the bus analyzer:
The top 8-bit address during the bootup shows a 0x02 and 0x03 - but I couldn't find that exact bootup code from above with that higher address in the BIN file. That leads to...
- Incomplete memory dump
- This BIN sample has been analyzed by an experienced member in BGC forum: http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=2884.0
- It is incomplete - I looked high and low for the menu cut-outs and hints of it but couldn't see them.
- Highly suspected that the last address A24 isn't accessible - it ends up mirroring whatever contents from the first 8MB.
I have another sample of this and planning to extract and see if these are the same thing or not.