As winter started to show by shortening the amount of light coming though my windows, i realized that I was missing a crucial element on my work from home desk : a lamp !
I had a quick look on what was commercially available but nothing caught my attention...
So let's start an overly ambitious project instead and use that as a pretext to start some digital fabrication!
- learn how to use a CNC
- make a lamp
- have it look great with a tentacle-like arm
- make a cool start up animation
- be able to tune the light color to fit the time of the day
- motorize the tentacle with stepper motors
- have a through wood capacitive touchscreen to control those features