I managed to cut 21 profiles ( in 4 runs on the cnc ) and i couldn't help but try a dry fit with what i had on my hands :) :
the only problem was that i had to re-drill every hole to make the bike shifter cable go though... I also understood why my plywood started to fell off : there is only a micron thick layer glued on every side! I though plywood was made of equally thick layers but this one is plated :( .
i used steel fishing line (rated 63kg, coated in plastic) for the actuation cables it looks lightweight and works well.
However i'm wondering how i will turn this bendy, twisty contraption into a sturdy lamp: i expect to have at least a lateral rigidity so i can actuate it only longitudinally . I'm still missing some spacer in between and maybe i will have to glue them to avoid torsion. I'm also thinking of replacing the lateral cables by some thin piano wire to straighten/rigidify . The assembly also suffers from the fact that the bike cable looks permanently bent in some places despite me trying to straighten it with some weight...
The movements looks really organic: