Spent the friday night party at supercon getting the display to talk to the frontend, and I've got a working meter!
Zero refinement at this point, but you can put a voltage, current, or resistance across it and get a reading!
Next big step is a display upgrade, currently the font is only 1/8th the screen height, want to bring that up to use up most of the display, then refine the operation selection, then add autoranging. Hoping to get that done this weekend, if you're around supercon, feel free to come say hi, I'm the guy that looks like me and won't shut up about his multimeter.
I did some basic calibration a few days ago against a nice 6-1/2 digit bench meter. I made a voltage reference and precisely measured some resistors. I began to feel the pull towards becoming a voltnut, making nice copper clad boxes for transfer standards. It is strong but. resist. For now. I've started dreaming of multiple slopes and integrators. For now I will take the easy way out.