Close

PCB's are in!

A project log for RO Monitor

Monitor the filters and status of an RO unit.

Tim RightnourTim Rightnour 01/13/2021 at 14:120 Comments

I got the PCB's in the mail the other day, and finally had a chance to test them out.

20210112_052607
They turned out pretty good for my first try.  I was kinda unsure how to do the routing, so I left myself alot of space, and consequently wasted a ton of space, and the boards ended up pretty big.  I also didn't quite understand the silkscreen, and so none of the terminals are labelled!

However, all that said, I soldered all my parts in really quickly, and it worked on the first try!  Wow!  Not only that, but it was *so* much faster to assemble this than my breadboard mess.  This is just great.  I think I'll never do a breadboard jumper mess again!

Because this board is different than the Electrocookie I used before, I had to change my design for the 3d printed box, but I knew that would have to happen.  Once I finish printing, I'll post a fully assembled pic and build instructions, and update the BOM.

20210112_210916

Discussions