I hooked up the raspberry pi to a monitor mouse + keyboard for first time setup. I followed the steps on the adafruit setup guide for circuit playground and it set up a lot of what I needed it to.
Adafruit setup guide:
Things I had to set up:
- Do not login automatically as `pi`
- change host name from default `raspberrypi`
- reset password
- login to shell (I plan to use ssh mainly)
- I want to get a camera set up in the room.
- I want to have a 24 hour graph made with current info. Each 24 hour period should be saved to a folder with its name as it's date.
- I want to use a capacitive moisture sensor from Adafruit to get soil moisture levels
I want to hook up a pump and reservoir for automated watering
I need to set up ventilation. Right now I open the tent when the lights are off. I'm looking at blower fans for around 70 dollars. I'd like to program the pi to work with a relay and turn the fan on for about 20 minutes then shut them off for an hour - and repeat.