• Swashplate and linkages assembled

    Nick Rehm8 hours ago 0 comments

    Hopefully we see a flight (of the real Ingenuity) tomorrow morning! I spent some time tonight getting the swashplate all setup and the 'blade grips' mounted to the main shafts. When I can find the time, the next step is hooking up electronics to see the proper swashplate actuation while the blades are rotating, and to make sure there's not too much resistance on the geared down motors. It feels fairly easy to rotate by hand, so fingers crossed it stays that way...

  • Fuselage baseplate fitted with parts

    Nick Rehm3 days ago 0 comments

    The fuselage consists of a single 3D printed mounting plate where the servos and motor directly mount to. I've got them all installed and the rotorshafts running through to the inside where they're driven by a belt and pulley. As you can see, we have thoroughly departed from the original Ingenuity design at this point:

  • Rods cut and the skeleton is taking shape...

    Nick Rehm3 days ago 0 comments

    Got to the shop to cut some shafts and size them up for the bearings. The skeleton is taking shape! Next up is motors installation and testing the drivetrain before securing parts (epoxy) to the shafts... Then blades...then electronics. Stay tuned.