I have followed the AHKHID tutorial further and used the script posted there as my basis.
You can find the latest version in the Files section.
At the moment I don't have any special functions assigned on the application level/ I left the "VLC_15" function to just have an example how it can be done.
In the default mode:
- number keys, dot and backspace send NumPad keycodes
- F7-F12 are mapped to F3-F8, I find it more useful for controlling Total Commander
- up/down arrows are PgUp/PgDown instead of cursor motion
- ConvUp/Down is Home/End now
- INTERRUPT is Ctrl+W to close any document or active browser tab
- tab-left and tab-right stayed as Shift+Tab and Tab
- Deal is mapped to ALT and meant to be combined with tabulators to move between windows
- Transfer just does ALT+Tab for switching between two windows back and forth
- Quit/Cancel Inst. are Ctrl+PgUp/Down to move left/right across browser tabs
- CANCEL ALL is LaunchApp2 key, which usually launches calc.exe
- TRANSMIT is mapped to numerical keyboard ENTER function
The remaining keys are not mapped yet.
I have left YOURS/MINE mapped to Paste/Copy, but this doesn't work in daily work at all. I use right hand for navigation (movement and selection), so after selecting text to be copied or finding place to paste it I would have to move my hand to the keypad to actually perform the action. But fingers of my left hand are already positioned above CTRL+C/V.
One obvious choice for YOURS/MINE would be to accept/reject changes in git merge.