Raspberry Pi revealed the natural next step today, June 1st, 2021: RP2040 chips are now available in single-unit numbers, letting you to construct your own projects and products on Raspberry Silicon.
Based on years of utilising other manufacturers' devices in our own products and projects, the RP2040 is our vision of the ideal mid-range microcontroller. It distinguishes itself in three ways:RP2040
- Two quick CPU cores. A pair of ARM Cortex-M0+ cores running at 133 MHz give sufficient integer performance. Use one core to execute application code and the other to oversee hardware, or use FreeRTOS or MicroPython to execute application code on both cores.
- There is plenty of RAM. With 264KB of RAM, you may focus on creating features rather than reducing the size of your programme. A fully linked switch connects ARM cores and DMA engines to six distinct RAM banks, allowing you to extract every last bit of performance from the system.
- I/O flexibility. All of the standard interfaces are available, including hardware UARTs, SPI and I2C controllers, USB 1.1, and a four-channel ADC. However, it is the programmable I/O (PIO) subsystem that distinguishes the RP2040, allowing software implementations of protocols like as SDIO, DPI, I2S, and even DVI-D.
All of this is crammed into a 77 mm QFN56 package made of 2 mm2 of 40 nm silicon.
|RP2040 the microcontroller|
Most recently adding FreeRTOS support. And hundreds of people were waiting for RP2040,
The RP2040 costs $1 per unit, so you get a lot of bang for your (actual) buck.
So go to the product page and place your first order.
The lifeblood of the Raspberry Pi and maker communities is the first and third component accessories. They provide new features and make it easier to complete projects.
SB Components, a UK-based official Raspberry Pi Reseller, was the first to market. They have launched 17 new Pico accessories, ranging from basic breakout boards that allow several addons to be utilised for DIY projects to exploring the potential of the Raspberry Pi Pico, and a Pico LoRa™ Expansion board, which comes with an onboard CH340 USB TO UART converter, Voltage Level Translator(74HC125V), E22-900T22S SMA antenna connector that covers 868MHz & 433MHz frequency band.
- Pico LoRa Expansion 868MHz
- Pico LoRa Expansion 433MHz
- 1.14” LCD HAT For Pico
- Pico Motor Driver HAT
- Pico RTC (Real Time Clock) HAT
- Pico RFID Expansion
- Pico Dual Channel Relay HAT
- Pico Single Channel Relay HAT
- Pico 3V Relay HAT
- Pico 2 Channel Expander
- Pico 4 Channel Expander
- Pico HAT Expansion
- Pico GPIO Expansion Board
- Pico Breadboard Kit
- Pico Relay Board
- Pico Zero Board
- Pico Zero Expansion