Created a branch which simulates controlling a CPU memory from the Front Panel. Made the memory an 8KB, Dual Port SRAM in the CPU. Able to read/write the memory.
Front Panel controls are:
The bottom 8 Pushbuttons/LEDS control d0-d7 of the SRAM.
The middle 16 Pushbuttons/LEDs control A0-A15 of the SRAM.
The top 8 pushbuttons control:
- RUN/HALT (toggle pushbutton)
- CPU is running when lit (Run is not used in this case simce there's no CPU being controlled)
- INCADR (debounced pushbutton)
- Stores data then increments address when in SETDAT mode
- Increments address when not in SETDAT mode
- SETDAT (toggle pushbutton)
- When pressed/lit allows Data pushbuttons to change memory data
- SETADR (toggle pushbutton)
- When pressed/lit allows Address pushbuttons to change memory address