(4/23/21) Progress: 61,4% Hardware: v9 Code: v9.7
- replaced MLX90614 BCC with AMG8833 64px Thermal cam
- added Sensirion SCD30 - CO2, Temperature, Humidity Sensor to support fairly inaccurate CCS811 & HDC1080
- added secondary tiny 0.49" OLED screen (displays sensor & error data)
- added additional INA260 Voltage & Current Sensor (15 Amps max)
- added mini GPS Module in plans (not ordered yet, still researching - PA1010D ?)
- added self-error checking/disabling for Sensors & SD reader
- sped up code by a lot! (avg 80 fps)
- made progress with UI/UX menu (new Debug & Info Screens, Charge Indication etc...)
- implemented deep Sleep & low Power Modes
- conflicting I2C adresses for RTC, MPU & AMG8833 (go Serial? or one has to go)
- how to manufacture precise aluminium bends (r 1.75cm)
- voltage still unstable bc of janky breadboard/cables & too many components (occasional i2c errors) guessing soldered connections and better wires will fix this
Issues with the power Path/Charging:
USB-C input needs 9v from wall charger to work, because i am using non-balanced 2S, 8.4v, 2A charging modules that don't boost the voltage.
i tested multiple 2S charging boards TP5100 in parallel and i think it killed 2 of them. So charging would be limited to 1 charger with 2A max, which would take way too long (over 16h). Maybe going 2S was a bad idea, but it gives me the ability to toggle these (HW-313, 3A) voltage buck converters on and off via their enable pins. And voltage conversion differences between battery voltage and the component voltages are lower. (highest is 12v, lowest 3.3v)
Having a balanced, protected 2S (3 terminal) buck-boost converter/charger supporting 7A with USB-C PD4.0 polling for voltage, input and output switch, would be a dream (MJ1 Batteries support 6.8A charge rate, which would take 6h30).. if my math is correct.
I know designing a custom PCS with charging/power/protection/management features, sensors and as much as fits on it would probably be the best solution, but i don't have the expertise yet. Arduino and Alibaba modules it is for now.
unless someone wants to help?
New Component / Feature Illustration: