Above you can see a timelapse of a vase-mode print.
The build of the printer is a bit ahead of the logs. I'll try to reconstruct the process of the last few months in the future logs.
Problems with the current printhead
I found out that the chosen IR-sensor for the automatic-bed-leveling does not work reliably on a textured, black PEI print bed. Because of that I want to switch to a bltouch sensor which should work better.
Secondly the printhead in general has some shortcomings, it has only one large 40mmx20mm radial-fan for part cooling, which is not ideal for achieving an even part cooling effect. After seeing the video by DIY PERSPECTIVE and his data showing that two narrow 10mm fans are quieter than one 20mm wide fan at the same airspeed, I decided to replace the current one with two 10mm wide fans on either side of the hotend.
Lastly the collapsible mount for the bowden tube is not working very well. Thus I have to think about a new mechanism to fold the bowden tube away from the printhead.