I used a cnc router to manufacture the structure of the coil winder out of MDF. At first when I was trying to make sure the program works, I was running the router really slowly. A really fast rpm along with a really slow feed rate caused a small flame.
After that small road block I managed to router out the parts.
Then with some wood glue and dowels I made a sturdy case for my machine.
Now the case is ready for mounting the electronics.
Before beginning the project, I needed to figure out what features I need to have in the mechanism. So I 3D printed some pieces to hold on to the core so I can experiment with winding a coil by hand on a lathe. After a couple hours of winding, and unwinding coils, i figured out I needed at least two moving parts, one to rotate the core, and one to move the wire horizontally according to where the wire needed to be wrapped. With those design limitations I began designing in Inventor.