Bill of materials
- Seeed Xaio
- 24 LED ring light ( Not an Adafruit Neopixel ring but only because I couldn’t get one with Amazon gift cards)
- 2 momentary switches (part of a donor board. It is mounted under the diffuser so that the buttons can be pushed but are hidden.
- The LED diffuser is part of a opaque folder with mirrored sticker stock covering the middle. I tried just paper, card stock, and half a clear plastic ornament ball. None of those results looked as nice.
- Underneath the LED ring is a clear plastic ring salvaged from a roll of large format printer paper. This was what everything was mounted to. It was wrapped with more mirrored stickers to cut down on light leaks.
- The colourful outside was made with Hey Clay, a foam clay for kids. It is easy to mold and clean up. It dries soft but shrinks a significant amount. This is why it’s pulled back from the diffuser.
- Not shown - lots of hot glue. Seriously, it was a lot.