Goals of this project
- keep the parts cost under $100US. (Less if you own a 3D printer or Laser cutter)
- document the development process to include others in on the fun
- use cheap off-the-shelf parts where possible
- design all custom parts to be made with either a laser cutter or a 3D Printer
- design the control electronics using Arduino (or compatible) parts that do not require soldering
- share the electronic output files
- Write assembly instructions and make assembly videos (When the above is complete)
Simplified design you say? Explain how.
My original design used two steps to the lift transformation: first it bent at the “knees” to lift the red Cab and then it stood up. This looks great but is was complex, fiddly and broke easily. Additionally, the original design used a motor in the red Cab to lift the head.
The new design has no “knees”, instead the legs lift the Cab as a single piece and the head is now lifted by levering of the legs. Watch this test video to see what I means.
The plan is to take the 3D model you see in the test lift video and refine it into a something you can make at home.
- The platform box.
- The legs lift
- The arms opening
- The head lift
- The electronics: lift servo motor, controller and sound
- Cake making and decorating