The current state of the project is:
- Main components built into the PC case and wired up. Case installed beside toolbench on some redwood decking offcuts.
- Software and motor function verified
- Pulleys bored out to 16mm, motors installed
- 13" 1080P monitor acquired and installed with RPi on swivel arm.
- HAL configuration done and PID values nudged to where I'm happy with them
- HAL configured for encoder feedback. This seems to work really well.
- Play with it and make things
- spindle encoders for RPM feedback
- limit switches. I'm actually not sure I need them on the lathe. I'll crash into the chuck, the tailstock or the work before I hit the machine limits, and home is dependent on where the toolpost gets bolted down.
- scale feedback
- manual mode (DRO emulation) - I think I need to program "1/2" buttons. That's the only DRO feature I use that's not there. Ok, I used bolt circles once on the steam engine, but we can do that in G-Code/Fusion
- semi-manual modes (electronic leadscrew, electronic compound)