While setting up my two demonstrations I have had a few ideas and observations.
First the observations:
- There are a lot of wires involved in laying out lights, and they can be annoying.
- A lot of decorations operate with battery power, so they could not be integrated into this project.
- Video files take up a lot of room and it is not as easy as I thought to make a good YouTube video.
Now the ideas:
- Putting an AC to DC converter right on the board might be a good idea to cut at least one wire out.
- Making a version that would work with MKR boards may be cool since you could turn them on and off remotely which would be cool.
- Making a version that turned on and off DC voltages might be a good idea so that a wider variety of decorations could be controlled.
Below is the link to the second demonstration, and later tonight there may be a PCB assembly video but I am not sure if I will figure out my editing software before the 11 pm deadline (Halloween hackfest). Either way that video will eventually be up and I'd give it a 90% shot of it being up sometime this weeked.