After participating multiple times to RoboCup (humanoid kid size league), we really think that robots playing soccer are a really cool way to learn and challenge yourself!
Inspired by RoboCup leagues, and aiming at high school and undergraduate students, this setup might be a real asset for pedagogical situations.
Two teams compete by programming; one is controlling blue robots and the other reds!
The goal is to develop a soccer robots setup featuring:
- 100% open-source components
- Affordable (ideally around 1000$)
- 4 omniwheel robots equiped with solenoid kickers (to play 2v2 games)
- Vision based tracking system using markers (like ARUCO) on the robots
- Python high level API to control the robots
We already developed a platform and are still improving it, we are also considering making it a new league for local competitions.