Ok, so this one isn't as pretty (yet) , but before I went down a rabbit hole to make it look pretty I wanted to validate the new 12VDC motor, lock-up arms, and new momentum switch (which is possible to assemble now). I also added a "safety" hook above the drive wheel in the hopes that it would prevent a fall during a derail event.
Now to get rid of the duct tape and add under voltage cutoff. Actually my brother, Kyle, had a great idea that I should connect the cut off circuit in to only "kill" power in one motor direction. This would increase the chances that the battery cuts out with the cable bot on one end of the run, instead of in the middle somewhere.