Disclaimer: Use the information provided here at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility for any resulting damage. DO NOT USE THE MALE AND FEMALE SCART OUTPUTS AT THE SAME TIME.
This is an alternative implementation of my previous adapter based in the cheap PIC16F18313 . It has the following pros:
- It automatically detects the polarity of the input VGA sync signals and configures the configurable logic cells (CLC) of the PIC dynamically to generate the SCART composite sync signal correctly.
- If the frequency of the VGA horizontal sync signal is wrong or if the VGA vertical sync signal does not change then the PIC disables the SCART composite sync signal, the SCART RGB selection signal and the SCART status signal.
- Most VGA devices can provide enough power to the PIC so no external power source is required.
- No external power source nor DC-DC converter is required to generate the 12V of the SCART status signal. It can be generated by the PIC itself as noted by Visenri.
- Selectable ratio selection.
- Include LEDs to test the power and input sync signals.
- Selectable power source.
- Require many little components, and they are easy to solder.
- Selectable output gender [joke here].
- Jack audio input
Bill of materials
You can also use this file to print a cover for the male SCART connector using flexible filament.