What Will You Learn During This Project Making
- how to use l298n motor driver
- what is mecanum wheel
- how to use node MCU
- how to upload code on node MCU
- how to interface the bot with a smartphone
- what is sumo bot
- and finally how to make wifi controlled sumo bot
WHY DID I CHOOSE THESE MATERIALS TO MAKE THIS BOT
- L298N motor Driver:- To control the speed of the motors, here I have used the L298N motor driver. L298N is a very Low-Cost Motor Driver and you can also use it in various projects in the future. You can also find the library file for this motor driver easily.
- TT Gear Motor
- PCB Boards By JLCPCB:- Then I have designed a PCB for NodeMCU. It will be easier to connect all the parts together with a PCB board.
- NodeMCU:- Next, I am going to use NodeMCU to control the robot via WiFi. NodeMCU is a low-cost open-source IoT platform. It initially included firmware that runs on the ESP8266 Wi-Fi SoC from Espressif Systems and hardware that was based on the ESP-12 module. Later, support for the ESP32 32-bit MCU was added.
- Here I have used PVC SHEET to make the chassis. To give it a proper shape, you can use a hot airgun to apply heat. Then you can use a Drill machine and Cutting tools to makeover it. Here I have chosen a simple design but you may choose anything else according to your need. Once your Chassis is ready, attach the TT gear motor with it using Hot Glue and anything else you want. Here I have used 60 rpm TT Gear Motor.
How to Upload Code on Node MCU
Please follow the steps below, If you are new and not well familiar with this ESP8266 module, or facing a problem while uploading the code
1.First Download the code from the link below. Now open Arduino and Go to File~New.
2.Now a new window will appear. Next, Delete all the existing code and Paste the given code.
3.In the code, you will find Additional Board Manager URL now copy the URL and do the next step. For Different OS you have a different option. MAC: Go to Arduino ~ Preferences Windows: Fille ~ Preferences
4. Now Paste it in the Additional Board Manager URL section and press Ok. Now go to Tools ~ Board ~ Boards Manager Search for ‘ESP8266‘ and install the latest version.
5. After the installation Then go to Tools ~ Board and then select the ESP-12E Module. So, The Board is selected Now.
6. Next, Select the Right COM Port.
7. Then compile the Programme First and then Upload it to NodeMCU.
After a few seconds, the code will be compiled and then Uploaded to
The link you have to paste on Arduino IDE Additional Board Manager URL: http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266...
JLCPCB (Shenzhen JIALICHUANG Electronic Technology Development Co., Ltd.), is the largest PCB prototype enterprise in China and a high-tech manufacturer specializing in quick PCB prototype and small-batch PCB production. l have already used their PCBs in most of my projects and l must say the quality is awesome. lf you ask my choice, i will suggest JLCPCB.
if you sign up through JLCPCB you can get $27 coupons after registering successfully.
How to Connect All the Components Together?
Here I have already made a connection diagram to make the connection process easier. please follow the connection diagram for easy installation
INTERFACE WITH ANDROID MOBILE
Here you will need an android app compatible with node MCU. I have simply downloaded this one from the google play store. you may use another one.
/* Code Name: Arduino Wifi Control Car Code URI: https://circuitbest.com/category/arduino-projects/ Additional Board Manager URL: http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json Install: ESP8266 by ESP8266 Community Author: M Tech-Ideas Author URI: https://circuitbest.com/author/admin/ Description: This program is used to control a robot using a app that...Read more »