Now that the camera has been confirmed, we have come up with an outline of the system.
- The size of the camera should be the same as a film magazine.
- The system should include a camera, microcontroller or SBC for control, recording media, and batteries.
- The battery can be small in capacity, but it should be replaceable.
- A method to detect the shutter timing should be provided.
- The shooting conditions are controlled by the 8mm camera, so the shooting conditions on the system side must be fixed.
- The shooting conditions of the system should emulate the performance of film.
- The frame rate should be 64, which is the maximum value of the camera.
- Movies are shot in conjunction with the shutter release.
- A video file is output every 100 seconds, which is equivalent to one roll of film.
- No preview display.
These are the items we can think of now, but we will add or change them as needed during development.
A Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero2 may be sufficient to meet the specifications.