The ESP8266 ESP-01 is a Wi-Fi module that allows microcontrollers access to a Wi-Fi network.
This module is a self-contained SOC (System On a Chip) that doesn’t necessarily need a microcontroller to manipulate inputs and outputs as you would normally do with an Arduino, for example, because the ESP-01 acts as a small computer. Depending on the version of the ESP8266,
it is possible to have up to 9 GPIOs (General Purpose Input Output). Thus, we can give a microcontroller internet access like the Wi-Fi shield does to the Arduino, or we can simply program the ESP8266 to not only have access to a Wi-Fi network, but to act as a microcontroller as well.
This makes the ESP8266 very versatile, and it can save you some money and space in your projects.
The ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield provides a convenient connection between an Arduino and an ESP-01 module, which contains an ESP8266 microcontroller with WiFi support.
The shield provides a 3.3V power supply for the module, and logic level converters so it can operate with either 3.3V or 5V Arduino boards.
- The Shield ESP-01 can be used for two purposes
Teaching Internet of Things with ESP8266 ESP-01;
Develop automation solutions with IoT and ESP8266 ESP-01.
complete detail of the shield you can find here :- https://oshwlab.com/ctbully/wifi-shield-prototype
If you plan to order this PCB you can consider JLCPCB.com because
I always prefer JLCPCB.com for my PCB needs, JLCPCB.com have best deals for their customers $2 for 1-4 Layer PCBs, free SMT assembly monthly.
If you seriously need quality PCB quickly in your hand then you must have to try JLCPCB PCB manufacturing service. They have Special offer of $2 for 1-4 Layer PCBs, free SMT assembly monthly. If new user signup today from this link JLCPCB.com you will get welcome coupons from JLCPCB.
SMT Assembly service of JLCPCB.com is cherry on top now get your PCB fully assembled and save your time and money Select components for your PCB from there Parts Library of 200k+ in-stock components they are offering $30 valued New User coupons & $24 SMT coupons every month $8.00 setup fee, and $0.0017 per joint
Now no need to order components separately for you PCB and get free from stress of soldering them on PCB just try PCB SMT assembly service and get you PCB with components pre assembled and ready for the project
👉 Try PCBA service of JLCPCB.com and save your time and money, get PCB ready for project, 200K+ components in library of JLCPCB.com as well as 3rd party parts to choose from. Assembly will support 10M+ parts from Digikey, mouser
👉 $30 valued New User coupons
👉 $24 SMT coupons every month
For more detials & offers please visit JLCPCB.com
- Mount the shield on your Arduino.
- Mount your ESP-01 module on the shield using the header provided. The module must be oriented to align with the marking on the shield.
- Configure the serial jumpers near the top right of the shield to suit the pins your Arduino will use for communication with the ESP-01 module. The module ships with jumpers in a default position as shown above to connect the module's TX line to Arduino pin D2, and the module's RX line to Arduino pin D3. This means your Arduino will need to transmit on D3 (to the module's RX line) and receive on D2 from the module's TX line.
- Configure the reset jumper to connect module reset to Arduino reset. With the jumper in place (labelled "RST-LNK" on the PCB) the module's reset line is connected to the Arduino reset line, so when you press the Arduino RESET button your module will also be reset. This is a good way to ensure the module always starts in a known state when your Arduino resets. However, if you wish to isolate your module from Arduino reset you can remove the RST-LNK jumper. The jumper is fitted...