OpenDendrometer has advanced to the Hackaday Prize 2022 finals! The finals close out on the morning of October 23rd -> so just 20 days to finish the first OpenDendrometer prototype and add content to the project page!
I have six big project improvements planned for the finals:
- Custom PCB. A breadboard development unit no longer meets the requirements for extensive field testing. A custom PCB is required and I can't wait to get started.
- New enclosure design. The field tests proved that the previous 3D printed PLA enclosure design does not withstand the elements (it softened at just 30°C). The enclosure will be a standard plastic IP rated, electronics enclosure with a few modifications.
- Wireless data transfer. Manual data transfer over USB or with an SD card is not viable for locations that are difficult to access and for collecting data from a large number of units. Wireless data transfer has to be in place for the OpenDendrometer solution to scale easily.
- Two days of field data. Additional field testing is the only way to prove out all the new features.
- Three minute video. An video that introduces the OpenDendrometer, explains the user experience, and describes the architecture.
- Build instructions. A complete set of build instructions and design files so others can build OpenDendrometer units.
Become a Hackaday.io Member
Create an account to leave a comment. Already have an account? Log In.