from here, things are pretty straightforward. logged in as root using ssh and then installed some needed bits of software:
opkg update opkg install rtlsdr opkg install librtlsdr opkg install nanothe last one is a nice little editor (i have vi and i hardly ever do anything that requires emacs...) that is handy for modifying configuration files and such.
now... backup the configuration, reboot, and startup rtl_tcp:
rtl_tcp -a 192.168.10.13:1234 -n 8 -b 8
the switches help keep the server from exiting every couple of minutes. i found the suggestion on this website and it seems to help (thanks tom!).
there is another handy command you can use to see if the SDR is being seen:
rtl_test -twhich will return something like this if all is well:
Found 1 device(s): 0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001 Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6 Sampling at 2048000 S/s. No E4000 tuner found, aborting.that's it. my basic configuration is up and running. i attached an antenna and ran a test from my mac, using gprx, and here's what i got:
that's the noaa weather service, on my mac, with the rtlsdr radio plugged into a AR150 router, over wifi.