I wanted a low cost kit like computer based around the 6809, with a very simple expansion bus.
- Cost - try to keep board footprints small (this was hard, further minimization with surface mount parts would be the way to go even lower)
- Minimal - keep the focus on simplicity, very few chips and very simple memory map
- Extendable - break out as many test points as practical and in locations that make them easy to bodge to.
- Runs existing firmware - Since I plan to use this as a learning platform I want the computer to be built around a reference design
- Grant Searles Page : http://searle.x10host.com/6809/Simple6809.html
- Jeff Tranter's page : http://jefftranter.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-6809-single-board-computer.html