Project Log 9:
18:06 hours - Brasilia Timezone - 28 of September
I took all day to disassemble these inkjet printers and I obtained a lot of parts...
Well, as you can see in the first image below, I got 2 printing heads, 2 stepper motors and 2 motors that are probably DC motors. A lot of gears and a lot of rods... And some PCB circuits that I will maybe take apart to use the resistors and things like that.
The problem is that I feel like this was a disaster a waste of time and effort (and sweat).
I was as careful as I possibly could, but every time I was trying to disassemble, things started to fall to the ground, break or disappear.
And I feel like I broke a lot of things that shouldn't have been broken, and lost a lot of things that shouldn't have been lost.
The printing heads came rolled into cotton pieces so dirty that I thought it was actually a layer of rust and dust that clumped together over time, but after taking the "bad part" apart in a not so gentle manner, I finally understood that it was actually an envelope to secure the printing heads.
Even if these were working, I don't know if they are anymore. And I need a new to secure and store them.
And that also apply to the circuits, they were dirty as heck, but they weren't broken. And I don't know if would be possible to "hack" the system to replace it with something like the program used on open source 3D printers.
Anyway, I will keep going, but I will complain all the time.