The article is being published in collaboration with JLCPCB. They supply high quality PCBs at a very reasonable price. They also can provide SMT circuit assembly.
We thanks to our sponsor JLCPCB https://jlcpcb.com/RTA for sponsoring us PCBs for this project circuit.
Thanks To JLCPCB.
$2 for 1-4 Layer PCBs.
Get SMT Coupons: https://jlcpcb.com/RTA
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode. It is one-of-many diode types in power electronic. It can act as a diode to hold current from flowing in the opposite direction and allows current flowing from the desired direction.
Blinking LED circuit is a simple circuit which is made for flashing LED lights in specific pattern like the digital screen to make an image or text.
It also is made with a random blinking pattern for Christmas decoration lamp. Its main purpose is to make some LEDs blinking.
There are several ways to flash LED lights such as using a simple relay, Schmitt Trigger Inverter, various logic gate, microcontroller, transistor, or even transistor combined with a microcontroller.
If the LED transition is too fast, you can use time delay consisting of a resistor and a capacitor to delay the transition with a charging capacitor principle Supplies.
Component List -
To make blinking led light circuit, we might need some electronics component.
All components list have been given below –
Component List –
• Timer IC – NE 555
• Resistor – 10 KΩ and 20 KΩ
• Capacitor – 2.2µf/ 50v
• Ceramic Capacitor – 103
• LED – 5mm (12 pieces)
• Power Source – DC 12v
We will go over the pinout of the 555 timer. The 555 timer is an 8-pin IC. This means it has 8 different pins, each of which have different functions for the IC.
The 555 timer can be used for basic timing functions, create warning lights that flash on and off, produce musical notes of varying frequencies, and even control the control position of a servo motor.
• GND Pin
• Trigger Pin
• Output Pin
• Reset Pin
• Control Voltage
• Threshold Pin
• Discharge pin
• Supply Terminal
Features of the NE-555 Timer IC
• It can be operated in +5V, can withstand up to +18V.
• The source and sink current of the output pin is near about 200mA.
• Trigger Voltage is 1.6 when operating at +5V.
• Operating Temperature is near about 70 degrees Celsius.
• It is available in 8-pin PDIP, SOIC, and VSSOP packages.
• The duty cycle of the 555 timers can be variable as per user need.
Applications of the NE-555 Timer IC
The 555 timer is one of the most widely used integrated chips in digital electronics. Some common uses and application of 555 timers IC are as follows.
• It is used for Pulse, Waveform, and square wave generation.
• It is also used in time delay generation, precision timing, and sequential timing.
• It can be used as a mono-stable multi-vibrator and a-stable multi-vibrator.
• It is mostly used in PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) & PPM (Pulse Position Modulation).
• Used in Tachometers & temperature measurement.
• Commonly used in DC Voltage Regulators.
• Used for conversion like Voltage to Frequency Converter.
• It is also used in Frequency Divider.
• It is used in the Pulse detector.
• It can be used to design a Timer Switch.
Hardware of SMT Project Circuit
To make this mini power amplifier circuit, we might need some electronics component. JLCPCB has its own parts library. JLCPCB has 200k+ in stock components, 24 hours rapid SMT assembly.
You can check SMT parts library here - https://jlcpcb.com/parts
Schematics and PCB Design
The schematics of PCBs can be seen above. Power supply don’t included with the circuit. You can use any 9v battery for this project. For better effect, you can use different colors LED light and can place them in a rhythm.
Circuit Connection – Step 1
To make this circuit, we need to follow a normal method of this time IC. 1st we need to connect 2 and 6 no leg of timer IC-NE555. Then we connect 4 and 8 no leg of NE-555 timer IC. It is...Read more »