As of 20221211:
Technically the platform is composed of :
- One main processor
- PSU (of course)
- 2 alphanumerical displays, A1 and A2, each made with a low pitch 84×7 bitmap array.
- The first version used a custom bi-color LED display, with 1 byte per column, with MSB selecting color.
- The current version uses a flip dot array with only 7 bits per column.
- Both should be compatible, with the flip dot version ignoring the MSB.
- 84 columns means up to 14 characters of 5px wide and 1px spacing.
- One main graphic array with about 64 lines, and 32 or 40 columns.
- Yes it's portrait because we use of smartphones this way.
- The initial idea involved a 16×16 RGB LED array but it was too small and would draw quite a lot of power
- 64×32 allows TETRIS with 3px per square, and quite a few other things.
- I'd like to use flip dots but haven't found a proper array
- Software :
- Programming language not yet decided, probably C or C-like
- OS+API / library that manages I/O are developed by the project
- extra aps/games can be added by 3rd parties