Every good project has a list of requirements and tasks. So here are the requirements:
- Model key elements of the film. These include Hero Boy's house with snowman, Billy's house, Hershimer's(sp?), trestle bridge with wolves, caribou crossing on ice, winding ascent of the mountain, the Christmas village at the North Pole with central tree.
- Play specific sounds from the movie at key locations such as at the Hero Boy's house and the Christmas village.
- Do all control of train movement and sound effects using the Raspberry Pi and attached boards
- Layout needs to be modular so that I can tear it down and store it when it's out of season.
And here are the tasks to date:
- Create a layout track plan
- Generate parts requirements
- Extract sound bites from the movie. (The Lionel HO train has some of the sound bites built in but I don't know how to trigger the ones I want when I want them.)
- Build bench work and track work.
- Test track work
- Program Raspberry Pi and peripheral boards.
- Work on scenery and buildings (this part may take a few years.