The config utility has been updated.
It's name has been changed to "Cantrip". Although I liked "Scribe" (because that would be how you would record items in a grimoire) but Cantrip sounds a lot cooler. And if this project is about anything, it's about style over substance.
So here's a glimpse of it now:
There's a lot here, so let's have a look:
- A menubar
- File menu: open, save, and an "About" window
- Shift/Ctrl/Alt menus: Each have the same three options--toggle all, clear all, or mark all
- Keys menu: Has options to assign keys in alphabetic order (as seen) or clear them all
- Color: Allows for assigning one color to all keys, all black (well, grey), all white, or random colors (shown). Also includes a "Visualizer" so you can see what the layout will look like on the Grimoire
Obviously there is still work that needs to be done, but it's coming along. Right now it can open a file, read it, and dump the contents to the console. Not particularly useful, but...
- Fix the fonts in the visualizer
- open the code.py file and assign the values/colors inside to the controls in Cantrip
- save settings in Cantrip to the code.py file
Once I get these things done (and the board built) it will be time to work on the shell. Getting closer and closer