Badge development is in full swing with our first 6 prototypes expected to arrive next week. We're patiently refreshing the order status page hoping something changes.
August through December were spent prototyping various hardware and testing out ideas. The software was developed specifically for those tests and not as badges. In January we started a new Eclipse project that will take us all the way to DEF CON. We ported some of the drivers from prototyping over to the master project and created our backlog in the issue tracker. The backlog continues to grow as we add more detail to our ideas and use the software.
To manage the work, we've setup a series of milestones for the software:
- v0.1.0 - Jan: Initial drivers for all hardware on hand, demonstrate badge basics and UI
- v0.2.0 - Jan: Focus on porting bling and supporting APIs. Explore new bling concepts. Refine UI. Work on Secret Feature 1 and initiate Secret Feature 2.
- v0.3.0 - Feb: Focus on Secret Feature 3 and getting badge software to run on prototypes once they arrive.
- v0.4.0 - Mar: Refinement of Secret Feature 2. Hopefully merge Secret Feature 4. Port some games / major features from DC24.
- v0.5.0 - Mar: Cyphercon release. This will be the software that runs when we take the prototype to Cyphercon. Refine bling, fix bugs, cleanup UI. Any secret feature work will be hidden.
- v0.6.0 - Apr: Complete Secret Feature 2.
- v0.7.0 - May: Possible Layer One release. More cleanup. Complete Bling. Merge Secret Feature 5.
- v0.8.0 - Jun: Feature-complete. Used for test to identify issues.
- v0.9.0 - Jun: Final testing release, no new features, only fixes.
- v1.0.0 - Jul: Final release