The main issue with the boxes as currently designed is that they only can hold so much water before the foggers lose effectiveness, limiting them to being left alone for a week or so. In a larger container, people end up floating the fogger assembly to keep it at the optimum depth, but I wanted to try out something like those always-full pet dishes for a plant. That way, the reservoir can be significantly larger than the basin that's actually built into the planter, and it can be replaced quickly as a whole for easily controlled nutrition.
The design is two cylinders with a connecting tube that was slowly re-worked to make it easier to print on my home printer (MP Select Mini 200). The connecting tube was originally going to be cylindrical on top, but the overhang was too much for the printer, so I changed it to a 45 degree sloping peak instead of the arch. The threads are lifted off a Thingiverse cat water bowl (credits when I re-find it), and the base is designed to try to minimize leaks since those need to be sealed, and the finishing can be tedious.
All in all the design is a moderate success. I'll report more when I've got some root systems that close to the fogger unit in live plants for extended periods of time.