Sensor platform for monitoring PH, Temperature, 02 absorption, and conductivity for Hydroponics Systems
Now have the sensor platform out in the garden. I used the following components to get things weatherproof and run power.
Here is the inside of the box
Here it is hooked up to the hydroponics tower structure. I am not happy with the organization. I think I will want to mount it to the tower structure. but right now, it works.
I have more information on my blog here: https://catalinatechnology.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/phtemp-meter-now-in-the-garden/
I was getting an invalid voltage reading on the ADC converter. and after tracing all my soldering, I realized that I connected to the wrong Analog pin. Dolt!!! Anyway, now everything working great.
Next steps, adding Dissolved O2 sensor and switch out to post data to Azure IoT hub.
new pic below:
Cleaned up my prototype a bit by moving it off the breadboard and soldered to a smaller perf board. Also added some screw down terminals to connect the external sensors.
One problem is that now the PH sensor is always reading a PH of about 2.5. Either I have something wrong in the wiring (I dont think so), or the probe went bad. I heard that these probes can be a bit weird. I am going to try to attach to a Leonardo Arduino and see if I get different results there. (ie. bypass my ADC converter and just read the analog directly on a real arduino).
The results of the build are below. More to come later.