SLA resin must be homogenized prior to use, and having seen print failures due to trapped air bubbles induced by shaking, I decided I wanted a roller mill. After searching in vain for a reasonably priced unit, I decided to take it upon myself to design and build one.
- Sized to accommodate cylindrical bottles ranging from 250mL to 1 L
- Motion of the bottle to include rotation about the long (X) axis, and cyclical 'rocking' (XZ plane)
- Ability to operate for a fixed period from 1-30 minutes with automatic shut off at the end of the cycle
- Manual speed control with speed sensor and display
- A complete/containerized system that requires only 110V AC and operator actions as inputs
- Optimize components and subsystems for available manufacturing technologies, namely additive manufacturing (mSLA and FDM), hand soldering, and wire harnessing done by manual crimping
- Preferentially use purpose-built COTS components to simplify construction and debuggin